Unit 34 Youth Elk Hunt

TheBoneCollector

My dad and I will be taking my son on his first big game hunt next week. If any successful bow hunters have pics, please post them. The kid is already fired up, but he loves seeing those elk pictures. NMPaul, thanks for the trail cam pics....Keep them coming! Good luck to everyone.

TBC

Can't wait to see the pictures!! I know you've done your homework and I hear that boy of yours can shoot. Just wish I was going with you guys to hold the camera.

>My dad and I will be
>taking my son on his
>first big game hunt next
>week. If any successful bow
>hunters have pics, please post
>them. The kid is already
>fired up, but he loves
>seeing those elk pictures. NMPaul,
>thanks for the trail cam
>pics....Keep them coming! Good luck
>to everyone.
>
>TBC

Here is a link to my photobucket. Some cool new stuff on there.

http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/dd156/paulcomino/

LAST EDITED ON Sep-26-09 AT 09:32PM (MST)[p]Hey Smitty,

You can hold the camera for me in the Gila a few weeks later. We'll see how he shoots with a bull screaming at him. Hopefully he can keep his composure. It happens to the best of them, just ask Stinky!

Paul,

You have some great pics on there. I need to go out and get a couple of trail cams. Looks like sitting water may not be a bad idea if its not raining. How have the rains been? We are leaving on Tuesday, should be there mid day on Wedneday, that gives us a couple of days to get familar with that country.
We can't wait, thanks for sharing the pics.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-27-09 AT 11:21AM (MST)[p]NMPaul, Thanks for sharing those pics from your photo bucket!! Some great pictures in there, if that dosen't get the blood pumping, nothing will! TBC can't wait to hold the camera for you when you get back from the boys hunt! I'll be seeing you at the airport!Thanks to all of you on MM the have shared info on unit 15 it is appreciated! Thanks and Good Luck to all!!

Here is my son Erik and I on his Unit 34 youth hunt from a couple of years ago. He shot this one on opening morning. This was his first elk!

We are from AZ, and I got MUCH help/advice from some VERY kind locals there! That helped us greatly!

Have fun!!

S.

:)

ErikandDadELKSept2007v1.jpg

Yea, it was sweet indeed. He had an ES tag, and as a father I absolutely would have been just as happy had he shot a small bull or a cow. Great it worked-out though! I've never even shot a bull that big, and I honestly don't care! It was very awesome!

I hope to be there with my two younger children in teh next year or two! ;-)

Good luck to all the young ones!!

S.

:)

That's a great first elk! I agree with you, I don't care how big his elk is, as long as he has a smile as big as mine. I remember my first big game kill just like it was yesterday. Thanks for sharing!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom