Unit 36 Archery

pschultheis

I drew this archery hunt and have never been there before (third choice). What attracted me was the 40%+ success rate for archery. Now I don't want a secret spot of a deer tied to a tree, I would love to discuss this unit from someone in the area or who has hunted in the past. I will likely be going there during my friends elk hunt earlier in the year. That is assuming we choose to hunt in Jan instead of September.

Anyway, I don't want to get blasted for asking for insite. That being said, at $5 a gallon that is a long way to go and not have a bit of a head start. I have already made contact with one local and have ordered maps so I am willing to work this thing. Please email me if that is the best way to discuss this.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Contact Jim Bobb in Nogal. He lives just outside the wilderness and runs the best guided hunt I have seen. I believe his website is jimbobboutfitter.com

Paul,
If you were hunting Elk, I could tell you exactly where I tied one up this spring, but deer is a different story. I'll say this... If you are willing to pack into the White Mountain wilderness and camp back in it, you'll only be trumped by folks with horses. You can often use their horses to your advantage. I've spent a lot of time in there this year (until it closed). This hunt actually gives you the opportunity to outwork other hunters (no ATVs allowed).

DC

Luckless,

Thanks for the info. I have not been this far south in January. Is it possible or reasonable to pack in this time of year. I am capable of a bivy hunt but am used to northern NM hunts in january where -19f is not uncommon in the mornings. I don't have the gear for this. We anticipated hunting from a wall tent. Hiking is not a problem but sleeping and eating will take place near the truck.

Unless the weather is not what I anticipate.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom