unit 36 elk muzzleloader

ToddT

I DID POST THIS IN THE REGULAR ELK SECTION BUT THOUGHT I WOULD UP MY ODDS OF HELP RECRUITMENT BY POSTING HERE AS WELL. THANKS FOR ANY INFORMATION.

Normally if I draw a tag I will ask for help here, and I will also contact a local biologist and anyone else who may can help - and this year isn't any different in that respect. BUT, it is different in the sense that I have drawn a unit 36 elk first muzzleloader tag, AND, this is the first year that my dad - who is 60 - and I have ever applied for a hunt together.
For this reason, and plus the fact that after this year the nonresident allocation will drop significantly I doubt I will ever get a chance to share an elk camp again with my dad. I am truly hoping this will be a great hunt, as we have only hunted together a handful of times in my life and I would like to have a great hunt for both of us to remember for the rest of our lives.

The main reason I chose unit 36 was because of it's reputation of holding an abundance of elk as well as some truly quality elk.

Any information will be greatly appreciated. From where to camp, or stay in town, to possibly horse rental or a drop camp service. Thoughts or experiences, whatever you have to offer. As mentioned, this is somewhat more special than just drawing a tag, due to the circumstances.

For privacy you can PM me, email me at [email protected] or call 828-221-4006. Thanks to all.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom