Unit 36 firewood question

MtnMuley

Does anybody know if there are places in 36 to gather firewood for camp? I would assume there would be areas up in the mountains there. Are permits for camp wood required? I've never burnt Pinion Juniper in a wall tent, and would assume it isn't worth a damn, so I'd like to stay away from it if at all possible. Thanks.

never camped in that area, but..
if I were you I would call the Lincoln National Forest office, as they are the governing authority on this subject, and ask them.

You don't need a permit for dead and downed firewood for camping, just don't take a pickup load home. I would check with the Sheriff's office for fire closures, especially if it is dry. Lincoln County generally imposes fire closures in the entire county when dry. Call 575-648-2341 when you plan on going. Currently there are no closures or restrictions.

Being from this unit,there are no restrictions as of right now.I agree with the above,we have some alligator juniper up here but you wont find much laying around as it is very popular.You must have a permit if you haul any wood in your vehicle,even on private land must have land owner sign off and give description of area where wood is from.Lots of pine and fir laying around.How long you staying?

Thanks for all the help guys! We will be there a couple of weeks in a wall tent, and I will definately check with local agencies if there is a hoot owl or ban on running a saw altogether. Thaks again.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom