unit 39 early draw

idabigbuck

Thinking about putting in for this hunt. Any input? Is it a worth while hunt. I have noticed on the IDFG website that the harvest % has decreased the last few years. Too many wolves? I'm particularly interested in hearing from people that have actually hunted this hunt.
Its fair chase, or its foul!

Myself and a couple buddies did the hunt a few years ago. I don't think it's very good. Maybe if you can really spend a LOT of time scouting and hunting..???
I scouted about 6 days and hunted 7. Saw one buck out in the desert that was probably 180ish scouting.
The country looks incredible, we just didn't find a lot of deer. I wouldn't go back.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

I know of a couple dandies taken on this hunt in the fairly recent past.............But it's honestly not a tag I'd really want.............Might go for it on the second draw if tags were left over.

Got to get high!! I know of a few good ones taken on this hunt and all were taken up in the rocks so if you do draw hit the high country.

Thanks for the replys guys. I have a place that I believe has the kind of bucks I am looking for. It is high and remote. Just trying to decide if I can still hunt that far away from the trailhead. If I don't do it now I may not have the legs for it in the future. (51 year old legs) I would have to "Coyote out" a few days at a time to hunt it effectively. About a 3000 foot vertical climb in some very nasty country. Once up top it shouldn't be to bad. At least 1/2 a day climb to get to where I want to hunt. PM me if you have any experience in the N. Fork Boise River drainage.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-30-08 AT 06:47PM (MST)[p]Shelbys, I sent you a e-mail. Did you get it?

Thanks for the replys guys.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom