Unit 4/441 Advice for 12 Y/O son I HAVE info to trade for Unit 211

zacajawea1

Good Morning, my 12 year old son has a unit 4 tag second season. I know the area reasonably well. I am not hunting this year because I have a quadriceps tear that requires surgery. I am not having surgery until after our hunt. So my question is this. We just need a forkie. I don't care about any big bucks, I just need this guy to fill his tag. My mobility is severely restricted, so sage or flatter ground would be best. Our camp is in unit 211 where my brother, friend and uncle have tags. I can share exchange unit 211 info for good advice on unit 4, so I am not coming empty handed. I appreciate any and all replies....Thank you.

Don't know about this year with the snow we had last winter, but theres generally plenty of young bucks north of Craig in the sage.

"Not sure I grasp BHA motivation".
Hossblur 7/25/19

#livelikezac

Thanks for taking the time. Last year we were sighting our guns in Just North of Craig and 3 separate times they had to chase deer off the Range! It was crazy..Thank you...Jason

Hello,
Has he ever shot a Muzzle Loader or shotgun with slugs?if so there is a place North of Hayden for youth hunters only that has some bomber bucks mostly sage and some oak brush with CRP,pretty much a slam dunk for a nice buck and it doesn't get much love since you can not use a high power rifle.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom