Unit 40/42 Cow Elk

DownThePipe

We have a cow tag for unit 40/42 that goes until later Nov. We went out 2 weekends ago and hunted south of South Mountain, (Cabin & Corral Creek Drainages) and only managed to see a couple bulls moving right at last light. The weather nor the moon were working to our advantage (this was the days leading up to that storm), so we chalked it up as a scouting session. We were surprised though that we didn't see much fresh sign.

Anyway- we are planning to check out a few other parts of the unit this coming weekend. Before we try that, I thought I would make a post here to ask any of you deer or elk hunters if you have any tips on where you have seen elk in the past week. Obviously, that country is huge, and some of our contacts are able to give us general places to look, but it's a different story when you get on the ground in that juniper.

I'd be fine with a PM, and also, I did see about a 150 class 4x4 that I'd exchange info about.

Thanks in advance and I hope that some people are some putting some good bucks down. Looks like a storm is on the way also.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom