Unit 40 deer

leonard

Does anyone know how the winter conditions have and current deer herd been around Glade Park, Unaweep Canyon, and Gateway? Looking at a 3rd season rifle tag for this fall. I know about elk hunting in this unit, but am a newby to deer hunting there. I appreciate the help.

That's what I was understanding too, but didn't know if the extreme western slope was affected too. Thanks for the help.

Anybody on the forum draw a 2nd or 3rd buck tag in this unit? I got a 3rd season tag, can't wait until November.

I live in grand junction, winter wasn't bad should be a great hunt. I didn't draw, but will pull the trigger on an archery bull tag next year.

My only advice it try to camp close to where your going to hunt. I had a elk tag there and camped on the Ut boarder. It was a joke it took about a hour plus to get to where I really wanted to be. Have good tires etc and wheelers will save your truck.

What kind of bucks can you expect to hunt? Or what would you guys old out for on this hunt? Any pictures of previous deer shot on this hunt? Thanks

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom