unit 40 elk

If I was hunting this unit I would try to hold out for a 380+ bull, which is very do-able. Of course if a 350 walked out I would probably piss all over myself and miss the shot.
Its fair chase, or its foul!

Good luck finding a 350 bull, and now that it is later it will be twice as hard.

But I know a guy whose wife shot a 380 bull that ran across the road last year so you never know.

Kicker

My thirteen year old son had the tag last year and we didn't see anything over about 340. Before this post I hadn't heard about anyone killing a 380, and it seemed many didn't even shoot a bull. I am glad to hear at least one really nice bull came out. We spent almost all our time around South Mtn, which was a mistake in the end. Those bulls start to move off early then head toward lower country to rut..we heard NO bugles. Just as we started to figure out where to go, my son had other things he wanted to do, damn kids, so we never filled that tag.

There are some nice bulls, but you will need some time to figure out how they migrate in that country.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom