Unit 42- 421 Muzzy or archery elk?

dieseldog

What do you guys think about this unit. I archery hunted 421 last year and it was ok saw elk not a ton but some. Is there a good population of elk there or was I lucky? It seems like it would be a good unit to muzzleloader hunt or is it best to stay archery.

lol. u have a good point there. will see a lot of elk if you hunt hard. just sad when u call in 4-5 bulls and they are tiny.

What about deer hunting archery or muzz in this area? Are there some big bucks and is it worthwhile place to apply? What sort of country are the deer in that time of year?

I'm thinking about changing areas in Colorado and have been considering this one.

Thanks

Had a buddy hunt 42 on a landowner tag this past year. Plenty of deer on the 3rd season, but most were already down on the private. Good bucks, but all in the ag land.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom