Unit 44 or 55 Mule Deer Outfitter

PLK

Looking for a recommendation for a mule deer outfitter for unit 44 3rd or 4th season. I am a non-resident with 19 preference points and think I might be able to draw either season. I am also considering the Gunnison Basin Units. I was in Unit 55 (4th season) with a family member the year after the big winter kill and watched my brother eat tag soup. We saw some bucks but not what we were looking for. Thanks, Paul

Not many outfitters in 44... John Jordie of Gypsum Creek Outfitters might be your best and only option.

Coloradoboy

LAST EDITED ON Feb-10-15 AT 07:31AM (MST)[p]This might be incorrect, but 19 NR points may not be enough for a 4th season tag. Good luck.

For unit 44.

I think YBO is correct on the 4th season drawing. Only 43% of the non-residents with 19 points drew last year. And this hunt has been experiencing a one PP per year point jump or more each year.

But you could have drawn 3rd season last year with 17 points so you should be OK with that.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-10-15 AT 01:26PM (MST)[p]There were 3 tags last year for 44 4th and 7 applicants (leaving 4). Also there were 11 people with 18 points. If the same people apply (LOL), the 4 with 20 this year will draw (all but 1) and no one with 19 will draw. You you would have long odds assuming they don't increase the number of tags

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

My dad had a 3rd season tag for 55 last year. We hunted the entire hunt and saw very few deer and almost all of the bucks were really young. I would not burn 19 points on 55.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom