unit 44

H

HORNSNFISH

anyone hunt this unit south of winnemuca? how is the mule deer hunting?

thanks

I used to bow hunt it in the late 90's, it was great then. But about 3 yrs ago I went back and it wasn't so good. Talked to some ranchers and they said that the lion problem is so bad they're horses would no longer leave the ranch and graze on the mtn. Seems one horse was almost killed by a cat. He said the rancher to the north of him was a guide and they used to see 30" bucks every yr. For the last 3 they had not seen any deer at all. The mtns to the east he said you used to be able to take a drive and see 75 deer in a day, now your lucky to see 10. The Sonomas burned not to long ago south of the top, but in the 90's you could get on top and see 200 deer in a day. When I was there 3 yrs ago I saw about 8 does. Who knows how it is now but I do know I won't be going back anytime soon.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom