Unit 45 1st rifle elk

lephound

I was lucky and drew a New Mexico tag this year. I've been in contact with a couple outfitters, and talked to someone about packing me in. Was wondering what some of you guys recommend. I've elk hunted several times, but living in Nebraska, a scouting trip is not gonna happen. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ryan

If you know how to elk hunt, a pack in would be sufficient. You could do day trips from iron gate or jacks creek but you're gonna wear yourself out pretty quick.
Going in deep to the Pecos wilderness would be your best bet for an overall good hunt and experience.

Get in touch with Rio Pecos outfitters Paul is the man. A small operator, but gets the job done. Fully guided and drop camps.
Have a good hunt
Randy

I second Paul as well. The Pecos is not for the faint of heart, walking in and out of the trail heads will wear you out as mentioned above. If and how much it snows will dictate elk movement. I have been in there when it snowed 14 inches the night before the first day of my hunt, the elk moved big time. Good luck on your hunt.

"My only regret in life is setting my goals too low"

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom