Unit 45 deer

B

BUGLELK

Wow...looks like this would be the year to draw a tag in unit 45...after this year it will be difficult to find a mature buck. Does the F&G really think that increasing the number of tags by 300% (from 75 to 225) and almost doubling the length of the season (Now Sept. 15 - Oct .31) will keep this hunt at a quality level? It's ridiculous. Not to mention increasing the number of landowner tags by 300%...

I wonder who came up with this plan...

Corey

Especially in Units they migrate in from your general season quality will plummet dramatically. They do not want it as hq ,unit 44 has that designation in Region now.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-26-08 AT 02:40PM (MST)[p]No kidding,45 could end up being a shadow of its former self after a few years with tags at that level. I am also not a big fan of the proposal to open the late 40,41,42 hunts on Nov 1st instead of the 10th. What will unit 40 look like after 5 years of that? Not that I am a biologist, just my arm chair observations. I plan to attend the meeting in Nampa tomorrow.

-Hghcountry

When and where is the meeting in Nampa? I couldn't agree more about how wrong the F&G is and would love to attend.

Corey
Not to get off the subject,,, but how did the bugle competition go?
Brian

Hey Brian,

It went pretty good. My 5 year old son, Isaac, took 2nd in the voice division. We also competed in the team calling again this year and thanks to Isaac's on-stage theatrics, were able to win that as well! :) I ended up losing to my Dad in a tie-breaker and wound up in 5th in the finals. In the Pro division, it went like this:

1. Joel Turner (170)
2. Al Morris (167)
3. JR Keller (167)
4. Rockie Jacobsen (166)
5. Corey Jacobsen (166)
6. Matt Brimmer (???)

Have you figured out what you're going to do for NM this year?

Corey

Shed,

I pulled this off the F&G website, I wont get ther until after work, around five or so.

Southwest Region, all meetings from 4 to 7 p.m. - 208-465-8465 in Nampa or
208-634- 8137 in McCall.

Tuesday, February 19: U.S. Forest Service, 2092 U.S. Highway 95, Council.

Tuesday, February 26: Weiser High School Library, 690 Indianhead Road, Weiser.

Wednesday, February 27: Idaho Fish and Game, 555 Deinhard Lane, McCall.

Wednesday, February 27: Idaho Fish and Game, 3101 S. Powerline,
Nampa.

-Hghcountry

Corey
That is awsome about Isaac!!!!! sounds like he is taking after his old man!! Were the judges deaf???? I shoudnt say that,, Im sure those guys sound great to, but have a hard time believing that you and your dad took 4th and 5th??????? Maybe its time you guys step down and give someone else a chance anyway! I Think I know where I want to draw in NM now. talked with some great guys on here that gave me some good ideas. send me you email. I didnt get your new one after micron. Also, tell your dad to bring an extra 30 elk reeds (brown) to the show this weekend. i'll be there Sat and can pay him then if thats ok?? Take care corey!
Brian

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom