Unit 45 Pecos

chasendeer

I'm looking into applying for the Pecos this for an elk hunt. Either muzzleloader or gun bull tag. We have horses and mules and can pack in deep if it's worth it. What is the average bull that gets shot? How big is the country can you get close enough with a muzzleloader to make it happen?
Any help would be great .
Thanks
Jay

+ 1 what SMNM said as far as average. There was a 370 bull taken in 07 and there are a few monsters taken every year but they are the exception, not the rule. Big, beuatiful country and best of all, ROADLESS wilderness! You get back in there a ways and you will not see a soul. They are still screaming during the ML hunt too. The Pecos is my stompin ground, PM me if you need more info.

nmwapiti

do u know who Fernando Roybal? he works with me in santa fe

and see about turkey huntin? I have been goin up to Cow Creek and Barailla Peak but no luck and I bagged some in Rowe mesa...

Holy Ghost is our family favorite campin ground!

vinihunt

Ya Fernando is my cousin! I lived up near Cow Creek up until about 3 months ago. Sold my house and moved back into SF. It was awesome living up there for 4 years but the commute was killin me! Turkey all over my old property! I know where they are at. This fall they were down low eating all of the Pinon!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-31-09 AT 01:27PM (MST)[p]Guess this would be a good choice for a guy with horses/pack equipment and more concerned with draw odds than quality???

Applied in there last year on that idea but draw gods frowned on me.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom