Unit 47 or 73 for Antelope Any Good?

Rodzilla_v

Looing at second -third choices as a nonresident for Antelope next year. Anybody have overall info on Units 47 and 73? Not a real Trophy Hunter, but it would be nice to get something in the 15" size if given the chance. Looks like both units have a fair share of Public/Private land, anyone know about quality and hinting pressure? Still can't decide where to put in for, last year I drew Unit #30 on my last choice, and did not get a chance to go. Good luck everybody on next years draws!

Never hunted in 73 ,but have hunted 47 several times.Great area ,but unless you have Pref points you have little chance of drawing there.Lots of public land and lots of antelope.I usuually hunt in mid October ,it helps to illiminate the crowds.On Sept. 25 hunters are everywhere,mid Oct. you have the area to yourself.I apply for doe tags every year and only draw a buck tag every 3rd year,but when I draw I always get a good buck.

Take a look at 7 near New Castle they got a bunch of new walkin areas and quite a bit of public land. I'd have no problem using it for a 2nd or 3rd choice
Last year was a tough year for antelope in the south central part of the state due to the bad winter. very few bucks (that Lived) got to the 15" mark.

You won't draw either of those on a second choice. A 15" buck is a tall order, even for areas that are highly limited. My advice is to look over the draw odds. Find the areas that you can draw on a second choice and then weed them out based on the amount of public land.

If yer hunting any of the easier to draw public land units and yer not a trophy hunter, I'd change the 15" goat to 12"...

These guys are right on. You won't draw 73 on a second choice, at least not the early season. A 15" goat on an easy to draw public unit is going to be very difficult. Those kind of goats usually live on private land or limited draw public units.

I've hunted 47 & didn't see any 15" goats, seen several in the 12"-13" range.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom