Unit 48 unit wide tag Bull tag. good unit??

NMPaul

I live in unit 34, but, got a unit 48 unit wide bull tag instead of a unit 34 tag this year in the landowner program.

Is anyone familiar with that unit? I know it is not a premier unit What is the value of this tag?

I kept our Archery bull tag last year for 34 and arrowed a 322 bull. I dont see me hunting unit 48 and most likely will sell the tag.

The unit does not have elk behind every tree but with a little work one could expect to kill a decent bull. It borders ranches that kill great bulls every year. the hunting in unit 48 is not great but yet moderate.

IMO the value of that tag is about 800-1200 bucks depending on time of year. I'd say the best hunt in that unit is december.
-Raptor

Thanks for the responses, any info on the unit is appreciated.

Waiting on the draw, but, most likely will be selling that tag.

4835de471be70bb4.jpg

I got a very nice bull few years ago...and helped by NMRAPTOR and I scouted alot during summer and elk season and I killed on open day..only bull I saw whole 5 days..we have 2 tags and only killed 1

during summer found fewest elk and few nice herds of deer...

very tough place...whew!

good luck with ur draw and the decision

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom