Unit 49 Elk

KJW

LAST EDITED ON Mar-19-17 AT 08:37PM (MST)[p]Just curious if anyone has hunted it, is it worth 4 pts for the archery hunt? It'll be my first CO hunt as a resident. Just looking to be in the elk and not in the people.
Thanks

If you don't wanna be around people colorado isn't the place for you. There's a ton of hunters in every unit around here.and the whole concept of packing 8 Miles into the middle of no where and not seeing anyone is slowly becoming obsolete.

Well said grenhdkilr. I think the days of "bivying in" and not seeing anybody are, generally speaking, over. Nowadays, everyone has seen the blogs, articles, posts, heard the podcasts, and rushed out to get the latest and greatest backcountry gear. I know, because I used to sell all that stuff!

And that goes for all states, not just Colorado.

Remember that the "backside of nowhere" is the front side of somewhere else.

The hunt quotas in Unit 49 are not for the elk population as such, but as a means of controlling the number of hunters. The Unit is so accessible to huge densely populated cities and "bedroom" communities.

Funny I've hunted some pretty heavily hunted areas in Colorado, and none of them were that bad as far as crowds go. Sure there are a lot of people out hunting, but the mountains in Colorado are huge. I have never hunted 49, but I bet it would be a pretty good experience and definitely not over crowded.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom