unit 50 help

sicnm

a buddy of mines drew unit 50 and ask me for help i personally never been to that unit other then drive by it were planing a scouting trip this will be his first elk hunt so any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Easy unit to get discouraged and frustrated in. But dont over look the ugly country that you may not think to look for them cuz thats where you'll fing them.

I had a good hunt last year in 50. Hunted second rifle and found them by looking in places I thought no one else would look. I was south of 64. Google earth is your friend. I saw no one else except wood cutters in 5 days of hunting. Was a rough 2 hour ride back in there and if it rains much you aren't getting in or out. I didn't harvest an elk, but it wasn't for lack of opportunity.There was a real toad in there and I waited too long for an opportunity at him and passed some raghorns. It doesn't look like good elk country but don't let that discourage you.

1428photo.jpg

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos2/3507photo_(3).jpg
http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos2/6174photo_(5).jpg

yes thank you for the information we were able to drive up there last weekend stayed the night and drove around all day Saturday hit all the water tanks i found on Google Earth went as high as tres piedras and as low a Cerro Azul found some spots with sign and some with no life whats so ever out there but my buddy enjoyed it never been out of Artesia and that area to hunt that was his first time ever seeing live elk he drew the tag and one of his buddies was going to take him i know him from a friend i met once hunting in 32 he called me and ask if i can do him a favor since the guy that was going to take him out to unit 50 advise he will not be able to for personal reason i told him i'll help him out but never been to the area i can always depend on the folks here on MM for information, regardless if he harvests or not he is already thankful for the assistance from ToneafterBone and a few other that have given me information thank you all

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom