Unit 51- Mule Deer Population

V

VP

Anyone know how the Mule Deer Population is in Unit 51.I've been drawn for a tag but was unsure if I should bother buying it when I get there or not.
I've heard from a few others that the #'s were low and not worth getting the tag..

Anyone have any luck with 51 ?

Thanks
Vance

The population is definitely down in 51, but I dont know if I would pass on the opportunity to hunt it for a few days. I have been up in 51 the last 5 weekends scouting for elk and I have seen very few deer. Last year in early December I jumped a 26-28" 12 pt in 51, so there are definitely some nice deer up there, but you better be prepared to put on your hiking boots and hunt hard!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom