unit 51 november muzzy deer tag

T

tdeer

Just wondering if anyone has had this tag in the past . I know the area, but have never hunted it that late. What should I expect.

.....wolf tracks and scared elk.

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

My favorite hunt. The wolves are ruining it though. They have not had the devastaing effect on the deer though like they have the elk. Usually the snow doesn't get more than 4 inches deep, except on the north slopes up higher. Good Luck, I will be out there with my son who drew the tag this year.

Don't know how it will be on the late hunt but the general hunt was poor for our camp. We hit it hard, hiked off trail several miles every day and only saw does and a handful of yearling bucks. Hopefully for you all the big boys are still up in the high country.

We hunted elk at the same time last year. I saw a few decent buck up farther north in the unit towards barney. Good luck the guys who camped by us last year missed two bucks. Depending on your standard you should do ok.

We had the late Elk tag in there 2 years ago, hunted it early and then at the very end of that season around Thanksgiving and saw very few deer period. We saw a lot of elk thought they where hard to hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom