Unit 52/53 2nd Antelope MZ tag?

crcountry

Well, my buddy and I joined as in group application for Elk, but split solo for the Antelope and Deer draws due to a lack of NR tags available. The lucky devil drew a goat tag. Any thoughts for this 2nd Aug hunt with open sites?

secondly, I hate snakes. Are rattlesnakes around that country?

Thanks
Chris

There's a rifle hunt in that unit before the muzzle, so they'll be a bit stirred up. And yes, there's rattlesnakes like a sumbitch there

Rattle snakes around for sure. Just about stepped on one last time we hunted there.

Going to be tough hunt now with no scopes on muzzy but still should have some chances. Those goats will get in the trees so makes stalking them a little easier if you hunt them in those kinds of areas.

Yeah, up high may make the spot and stalk a bit easier. We've elk hunted 52 for 10 consecutive years, so it should be fun. down low sounds like a recipe for spooked goats and rattlesnakes to me.

On a serious note you could also try sitting water or fence crossings, especially on day 1.

Hopefully they will reorder the hunts in the future so rifle is after muzzleloader.

I've hunted there a good bit over the years and never saw any rattlesnakes. That is until I had an archery tag in 2020 and this guy crawled into my blind! Luckily it was just a small prairie rattler and not very aggressive.
20200811_151939.jpg

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom