Unit 52 Antlerless elk

WapitiDave

Hello, was wondering if anyone had any reports from the youth encouragement hunt that's going on now? My daughter has a tag for the next hunt coming up this weekend and was wondering if the weather has pushed elk to lower ground or if we'll need to hunt higher. Thank you for any replies.

WD

Elk are there but they are skittish. Also the full moon did not help is round of youth hunters. This unit 52 hunt was not like the unit 50 hunts that they used to give to the youth.

Just wanted to let everyone know how the hunt we. My daughter filled her tag opening morning. We glassed up a herd of about 50 elk feeding about 3/4 of a mile away and we were able to stock to 150 yards and she made an awesome shot. Great morning and very cold but well worth it. This was her 6th elk but just as exiting as the 1st. Thanks to all who responded to my post. We appreciate it greatly. If I can figure out how to post a picture I will. WD

Here is a picture

IMG_8197.jpeg

Awesome! Congratulations to your daughter on keeping the freezer full and straight shooting. See the storm this weekend brought the snow in but from the looks of it not the feet that can often drop overnight.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom