Unit 52 Muley

passthrough

4af0d2f60a777b55.jpg

Here is a picture of me with the buck that my buddy shot in 52 this weekend. We saw 20 different bucks, this being the 2nd largest. We spotted him on Saturday night with our biggest buck, found them on Sunday morning but they were already in the trees, so we left them for the evening hunt. We got really lucky, we were able to get into shooting position, even though the hill side was covered with does and elk. The buck came out at about 5 PM and we watched and waited to see if the bigger buck would show, he never did and my buddy made a great 300 yard shot at a steep uphil angle on the buck as shooting light faded.

4af0d26007c18ad7.jpg

He scores 175. The bigger buck had the same frame, just wider probably 28-30 inches. All in all a great hunt, its insane how many elk are on the mountain, hundreds of them.

Yeah right!!! You didn't tell him about the wide deer cuz you like them narrow bucks!!!! Cabron!!! Congrats!!! Holler at me!

Thats funny, I do like the narrow bucks but that wide one was a big boy. We thought 185-190. If he would of come out I guess we would have shot him. Ha!Ha!

Hopefully I can get in on 2 more big bucks this season. My dad has the 2C private land tag I had last year and I have the 33 Jan. archery hunt. Hopefully the luck wont run out...No deer for you?

My hunt isn't until next weekend. Only have two days to hunt but will drop you a line...January ought to be sweet.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom