Unit 52 Topo Maps

I

ILArcher

Can anyone familiar with this unit advise of what USGS topo maps to order for unit 52? The unit is quite big and I do not know the primary routes into and out of this unit, from route 64 or 285 or Chama. There must be 20 maps if you include overlaps and highway access points. Thanks.

Check out the USGS online store. The map downloader is setup With Google Maps, you navigate and select maps from the satellite view. I download all my topo maps there in PDF and print them online thru Kinkos. Saves mucho dinero. Any questions about it, just holler.

How do those maps printed at Kinko's hold up in the rain?

I did see the download feature on USGS. Don't remember them having that available last time I ordered.

I get the 11x17 on laser paper. Fold up nice and small. They do OK in a little rain, but I try not to get them wet. I seal mine with the map sealer from REI, can't remember the name of it. Check out a program called GEO PDF. It's pretty cool. You can pinpoint Lat and Long with your pointer, some other neat features, too. Congrats on the 52 tag, that's a big unit.

IL,

if u want a map of unit 52...I can get one and mail to ya..

use north 285 from espanola, elk are allover in unit 52...if u need a place to stay...contact crazymaes..he have a cabin for rent to hunters...

elk, deer and antelope can be seen from his cabin I am sure!

good luck

vinihunt

I kinda got impatient and already ordered a pile of USGS maps. Will try the download method next time. Ya I have e-mailed with crazym about the cabin. Just waiting for maps first to see how close to the hunt area that is. Might work out as we are flying in and our gear will be limited.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom