Unit 521/52/411

BigShane54

I drew the 3rd season mule deer tag in this unit. Coming down from Idaho I probably wont get a trip down to scout outside of arriving a day or 2 early and a lot of escouting. I'm curious if there's anybody familiar with the unit that could help with some info? How are the roads, would it be wise to bring a quad/side by side? Does the unit get much snow that time of year? If available, should I pick up an elk tag too? Just looking for some general info. Thank you

It is one big mesa that runs from Delta to the east. Lots of territory. Could get snow, could be warm. Its always a crap shoot. Some roads are easily travelled, others are not. It doesn't have the typical high country, but still high in elevation. Its pretty dry this year so far. Good luck,

Rich

Skeeters the size of a super cub and lots of them in the warmer months. Grand Mesa is an old volcano and so you have areas where mud can be deep and others where it is total rock. East side of the units is usually the best. Lots of hunters.Got my first elk there at age 14.

I’ve hunted 411. Permanently ruined my wife for mountain driving trying to get down Doughspoon after it thawed without chains. Front and rear chains would be my suggestion. PM me for info on 411 if you’d like.

If you are concentrating on deer and they have moved down, I personally would not spend the money for a bull tag. If you are hunting higher and would be happy with a raghorn, then it might be worth it. My 2 cents anyway.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom