Unit 53 help

H

Huntindad

I am a lucky PA elk hunter who has drawn an early archery tag in unit 53 along with a friend from San Cristobal. He is new to the area and will be doing much of the leg work as far as scouting goes on his end. I'm trying to do some "long distance" scouting and my fair share of research. This site has helped me do the same when we hunted in Idaho. We ae planning on the first 2 weeks of the season. So far we were planning on checking out the Wheeler peak and Lateer Wilderness areas. Hopefully we don't run into "those idiots" hunter1 was refering to...LOL. Thanks again in advance for any help! You can email me privately at [email protected].
Huntindad

I live here in unit 53. I'll be hunting the 2 wilderness areas as well. The only advice I have is be prepared! There are 2 directions to travel in unit 53, up and down. I've been in both wilderness areas within the past week on horseback scouting for sheep, and the trails really need some work. Contact me directly at [email protected] and I can talk to you a little more.

He's younger , middle age about 40 or so .They call him Junior. He now lives in Santa Fe. I was just asking as he is a good friend . His mom and brother still live there and I think his brother guides hunters. What about George Rael?