Unit 54 third season deer (camping questions)

Timberbuck

Gong next week for the deer hunt. Asking advice on camping areas.
Looking at the southern end of the unit north of the reservoir.

Trying to decide between a bumper pull trailer or wall tent. Have pretty much ruled out the trailer because of possible extreme weather/road conditions.

Any advise on good areas to set up camp? Typical road conditions?
Availability and legality of cutting firewood to stoke the stove in the tent.

Thanks.

Have camped at the resivoir campground during 2nd season. Hardly anyone there. There were also spots with electricity. Adds some travel time, but also gives you some flexibility on hunting different areas. You should probably call them to make sure they are still open in nov.

I like COSA's idea of staying at the lake. I think the West Elk camp ground is still open, there were campers there last weekend anyway. You'll be driving more, but it gives you a few more options for access on the south side.

Love wall tents, But a hot shower after a cold day hunting is pretty dang good. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom