Unit 55 early deer

IDoutdoors

Any nice bucks taken on the early Aug- Sept. hunt in unit 55? Pics? I can't wait for the second hunt to open up next Friday. This is my first time ever having this tag... Good luck to everyone on their hunts this year.......

Brian

check out the south slope area of mt harrison. you can access it off the oakley-elba rd. we saw lots of bucks up there a few years ago. a handful of bull moose too, which was pretty neat.

>check out the south slope area
>of mt harrison. you can
>access it off the oakley-elba
>rd. we saw lots of
>bucks up there a few
>years ago. a handful of
>bull moose too, which was
>pretty neat.

I hunted the same area a couple years ago and saw the samething. A camp next to us killed a buck that scored 199. Best buck i saw was atleast 160 maybe 170. I didnt get a very good look at him. I hunted the last week of the season and most people i talked to saw bigger bucks tbe first week of the season.

"Go hunt for meat at Walmart."

>>check out the south slope area
>>of mt harrison. you can
>>access it off the oakley-elba
>>rd. we saw lots of
>>bucks up there a few
>>years ago. a handful of
>>bull moose too, which was
>>pretty neat.
>
>I hunted the same area a
>couple years ago and saw
>the samething. A camp
>next to us killed a
>buck that scored 199.
>Best buck i saw was
>atleast 160 maybe 170. I
>didnt get a very good
>look at him. I
>hunted the last week of
>the season and most people
>i talked to saw bigger
>bucks tbe first week of
>the season.
>
>
>"Go hunt for meat at Walmart."
>

it's amazing how many deer "appear" in the huge chaparral patches in the evening. i got outsmarted by one monster buck and the rest we saw were all average bucks with a couple shooters mixed in. we just couldn't make it happen.

Have you been out scouting at all? Seeing anything?

Will the deer that are in 55 now, still be in that area for the late archery hunt or are most of them new deer that migrated into the area?

I too pulled that tag and hunted that unit for the opener. I sent you a pm IDoutdoors

Season opened on last Friday the 5th and runs through the month.

Had a pic of a nice buck out of Unit 55 sent to my phone. I will have to ask if it can be posted up.

I have not seen any pics of many bucks at all this year. I think 55 has some nice deer in there. I wonder if any have been taken in October rifle in 55??

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom