Unit 55 Mule Deer

Hello all!

New member here. I know this has been discussed a decent bit but on most of the threads I see "PM" info which in understandable. I have been a resident of Colorado for about 4 years now for the military and have hunted every fall. Mostly archery/muzzy elk and bear in the Gunnision area.

I was blessed to pull a 3rd season rifle buck tag for 55 this year. I couldn't believe it when I pulled it as I've never been able to get past the cart and I try almost every week for reissue tags. Anyways, I am thrilled to have this tag and now am trying to plan a hunt pretty short term. I plan to hit the escouting very hard as the unfortunate part is that I will gone for the next 5 weeks on a TDY for the military so boots on the ground won't be an option.

Reaching out here to see if anyone has some good starting points or general advice on deer hunting this area or in general hunting this late into the year for mule deer. Stratagies, advice, etc. All of my previous hunting has been done in September in more remote units like 53/54 so I know it will be a bit of an adjustment with more roads and traffic. I have a hot tent set up and 4x4 truck with chains. I'd also be willing to team up with some OTC elk hunters if they wanted another set of eyes for elk. Can also exchange information on units 53/54.

Feel free to PM info to keep it off the Google. I hate to make a thread like this but (like most things in life) the military is getting in the way of a lot of the scouting that I'd like to do and I don't have a ton of time to plan this hunt. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom