Unit 55

Windybilly33

Hey my buddy and I are headed up to Idaho for a late season archery hunt for unit 55. Does anyone have any experience hunting this unit? If so would you mind helping us out on possibly where to go or avoid? We aren't looking for monsters, just meat for the freezers for the fam. Any information would be very much appreciated!!

I would concentrate on Sawmill and buckeye canyons....can't go wrong there.

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

If it's just meat you're after I highly recommend shooting a doe. They?re just about anywhere there. Easier to get to and pack out. Let the little bucks grow up. There?s deer in much of the lower country. Find public access, which is plentiful, and it shouldn't take too much hiking to get into deer. Good luck. It's a fun hunt I think.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-06-17 AT 04:46AM (MST)[p]Mobertok We stayed up there for a week and saw a handful of deer. They all where too skidish to get on, there's a lot of rock so it's just about impossible to stay quit. I personally wouldn't put in for it again, but that's just me.

Homer is pretty secret about his honey holes. But since he already gave up some dang good spots to Windy Billy, he might just hook you up

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom