Unit 6 AZ elk

A

alex (Guest)

Couldnt find any elk this weekend not one some sign plentyof buy no elk help , This was near happy jack.

I was over in 5B-S and also had somewhat of a difficult time finding elk. Although, we did see a bachelor herd of 4 bulls one morning. Outside of those, we only saw one other shooter bull. Saw about 20 cows and 4-5 spikes also. I think they just aren't moving very much during daylight hours.

I was out between Lake Mary and Morman Lake on Saturday and there were elk everywhere!!!! Not very many Bulls but a lot of cows

I don't think the elk population in 6A is very good. I think they have one of the lowest ratios of elk to forest. Just my 2 pennies,

Keith Keplin

I do not have any facts immediately available but I suspect that 6A has more elk than any other unit. I saw herds of 50-75 around Apache Maid in January. I doubt that they are moving much during the day with the heat.

I agree with 400bullhunter. Elk in 6A over the past few years has been on a dramatic decline. I use to hunt there years ago and haven't seen anything there for the past few years.

James Collins

Been hunting 6a muzzleloader for 7yrs. there are elk at mile post where every you find them. Because I have found every year no problem big one's little one's what ever you want,meat or horns. my dad told me one tim you can't eat the horns and they don't even make good soup. So if you want horns or you want meat go for it I'am not aganist it Happy Hunting,Your friend buck buster

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom