Unit 6 Cow elk hunt in Jan?

crcountry

Hello All-
Does anyone know a rancher in the Wheatland/Laramie area that takes trespass fees for a cow elk hunter?
Thanks
Chris

Call the local warden.
He gave me a couple names last year of guys, didn't end up going in the end, but he said they let guys on.
Never got to a point of knowing if it was free or if they charged.

Good luck!

Thanks. Chatted with the game warden out of Laramie (Kelly)...he wouldn't give me any leads at all. Told me to log onto State GIS and do a map search. I did do that and found the interactive site pretty useful with ranch owner names. I saw the "critical elk winter range" is NE of Laramie...sort of in between laramie and wheatland, but finding phone #'s isn't easy. The outfitters have unit 6 pretty locked up. I'll be in standby mode and try to wait for the state guys to call me when they have open access. Lots of extra tags...and no access. Crazy for a few cow elk. Seems to me that the folks would want to thin them down a bit.

That's par for the course in that area. If you get on a sizeable ranch for free you are very lucky and most likely will kill an elk.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom