Unit 61 1st. rifle cow

flymetyme

Ive never hunted this area and would like some info where to start hunting. I'll be coming in from Ouray and want to know if its better hunting in the top of the unit or the bottom coming in from ridgeway or placerville. I'll be scouting the area 9-23 to 9-25 but like I said Iam looking for a starting point. Is there anybody who packs Elk out of the canyons I read there's a guy by the name of Dominguez does any body have his contact info.
I usualy hunt unit 75 and 751 and will trade advise.
Thanks.

bail off the road anywhere from the divide road down to leonards ridge and you will find a cow pretty quick

Does divide forks campground get alot of traffic and is fr-404 for ATVs only or can you take a vehicle on it. Would you recommend ATVs for this cow hunt. Thanks for the info.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-17-11 AT 03:53PM (MST)[p]This is Dominguez. I can help you with some info call me .(970-640-9312) later at night is best.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom