Unit 61 4th Season Rifle

MG209

LAST EDITED ON Aug-26-19 AT 07:39PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-26-19 AT 07:39?PM (MST)

Hi,

I drew the 4th season in GMU 61 Nov 13-17. Can anyone provide info on where to focus my efforts?

Its only a 5 day hunt and will have 2-3 days to scout. If snows come early will need to focus on migration routes, lower elevations and look for hell holes where the bulls are hiding. Plan to truck camp with wall tent/wood stove, have good legs, in decent shape (I work out).

PM me if you can help.Thanks MG209

I'll be hunting a cow elk up there third season, I'll let you know what we see if you stick around MM.

Hasbean

I could be wrong, but didn't you choose 4th over 2nd or 3rd? I thought it was a float tag. It will probably be nice to be out there then without as many people running around.

Thank you all for the replies!

Yes, I put in for the 4th season. Have all the cold weather gear and know despite the greater chance of snowy weather it can still be hit or miss.

Unit 61 is big, would like to narrow it down on where to focus before the bulls reach the private land at the lower elevations.

Used to be some good bulls up by dead horse. haven't been up that way for a few years.

-John Wayne

>I'll be hunting a cow elk
>up there third season, I'll
>let you know what we
>see if you stick around
>MM.
>
>Hasbean

I'll be there 3rd season too. Good luck.

-John Wayne

If there's minimal snow you will find the elk in the same areas as archery, muzzy, 1st, 2nd and 3rd elk. If there's a lot of snow you'll have to get info from someone else as I have no idea where they will be.

Still hoping to pull a 2nd, 3rd or 4th season tag on the re-issue list. Good luck!

Thanks for the info all. Leaving on Nov 8 so will have some scouting time. Plus see how some of the 3rd season hunters fared.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom