Unit 61 for bear

okiecat

Will be my first time in unit. Maybe somebody can put me on a mesa or drainage with lots of acorns or berrys. Just point me in a good direction or tell me where not to go. Will try to hunt open week. 9/2. Thanks

I have seen bear on Sanborn Mesa in Horsefly Canyon - also have a friend that has taken bear in that area. You have time to scout and a topo map will give you info on this area.

Plan on coming 4 days early to learn area and get acclimated. Have a NF map but no topos yet. Kind of waiting to narrow it down to a couple of topos. Thanks

pretty much any canyon should hold bear. I would say leonards ridge in the north. off the back side of campbells point, windy point. blue creek. red and little red. glass of the old HWY. deep canyon.

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

Thanks again, This is also my first bear hunt. Ive hunted alot of elk and muleys in co and nm. Figure Ill do a lot of glassing. Hows access, See a lot of trails. Are these foot or motorized?

Hey Beanman, nice pic. How good a bear is that? Been reading alot of your post the last wk. thanks for chiming in

Access is very good, the vast majority is public land. An ATV is a big help and will allow you to move around much faster than beating up your vehicle. Many of the motorized trails are limited to 48" wide so a side by side can be limiting. Motorized trails will help you get to where you will proceed on foot. Try not to kill one in the bottom of one of those canyons...

The bear picture is just above Frank's bench, off of FR 407. Lots of bears up there and Sept 2 ought to be great timing. I would be there now except for the rain, so I stayed home.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom