HNTBIGBULLS

Have a buddy that drew this tag,
he has been out scouting a couple
times but has not seen anything
great.

If anyone is willing to give some
info it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

My advice would be to keep looking. That's all it takes! Big bucks are there, and they are where you find them. There's no magic honey hole full of 85" bucks. It takes on the ground effort...sometimes days or weeks of looking. If your buddy wants to kill a booner buck, I'm sure he'll put in the time.

I drew that area back to back seasons a few years ago. I don't kiss and tell on the net, but if yer buddy is looking for a bigg'un, he needs to start putting a bunch of miles on his truck and be spending some serious time out there. I've already got 8 - 10 days scouting my goat area this year and will be back out this weekend and a couple times over Labor Day weekend.

Yep, I agree, keep looking. You will see a ton of bucks there. Those big bucks are not a dime a dozen in those high profile areas like some people think. A guy can kill a buck in the first hour of the first day, or the second or third day, but it may take a week or more to find that special buck. Take the best glass you can afford and make sure to be out looking early and late when there is the best light. Take as much time as you can to hunt.

Thanks guys, We are heading out early next
friday, we live 5 1/2 hours away, but leaving
early so we can set up camp and pound the desert
as hard as we can before the hunt opens saturday.

Any suggestions for a place to camp, somewhere
centraly located where we can cover alot of area?

my dad and I hunted that unit last year. as the other guys said, don't get in any hurry to shoot a buck. It's easy to do that when you see 50-100buck per day. we saw a real good buck in the chain lakes region, although there were very few antelope in that area. highest #'s were in the northern part of the unit ex chicken spring

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom