unit 62 antelope

1boar

My son and i have unit 62 antelope tags.
Got maps today.
Anyone have ideals where to start our scouting and hunt?
Any info?
Thanks.

My wife and I hunted 62 last year for antelope and had a great hunt. There is good access and lots of antelope north on 287. We found most of the antelope in the southern end of the unit. Don't bother with the sand dunes near the Ferris Mountains, they are pretty but few antelope. We also did well in the southern end of the road to the Seminoe Reservoir. Watch out for privat property in this area though. There is an outstanding campground on the North Platte River. Stop by the BLM office in Rawlins and ask to speak to a Ranger or the Recreaton Planner. When the Bosses were out of the office the Secretary told us of a couple of hot spots too. I am not kidding when I tell you that we DID NOT SEE ANOTHER HUNTER in the entire unit. Trails West Taxidermy is also a very good meat cutter and will do anything you need. 1 1/2 mile East of Rawlins on Old Hwy. 76 307-324-2856
Have a great hunt.
Mike

Thanks Mike.

This very helpful info.

What month did you hunt?
Did you harvest nice animals?

there are some good goats in this unit, northern part of unit has more public land, north of Sinclair and Rawlins has a large walk in area for antelope, several goats around seminoe just need to make sure your in a BLM section.

I'd echo that you may not want to spend much time up north toward the Ferris range. I deer hunted a goodly chunk of that brushy sand hill flats country last year and didn't see very many antelope, no good bucks at all.

As far as the rest of the unit, i haven't a clue but would expect a good amount of lopes somewhere as there are plenty above in unit 63.

Joey

For the most part the northern part of 62 is public while the southern end is checkered board private/public. Definitely keep track where you are because land status is all over the place in 62. You may want to buy a BLM land status map to double-check if you are public or private because there is a lot of private on the southern end and along the paved road heading north towards Seminole Res.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom