Unit 63 help

Aaron

I have a archery tag for mule deer for this area. I have not hunted in this unit before but have done some homework on it. I was just hoping some one could give me some basic areas where i might find some bucks come Aug 30th. I have talked to some rifle guys but they all hunted down low. There are some huge peaks in the southern half of the unit but what i dont know is if you half to go that high to find good numbers of bucks. There is alot of 9000 foot mts to that might be good. Any info would be great. I have helped alot of guys in areas on this site and i am hoping to find the same thing here. I know its a small unit so some times its hard to find info on places like this from other hunters. Thanks Aaron

it seems in most areas during the summer months the bucks are up high in the basins trying to stay cool. i dont know the unit but i bet there will be deer high and low but most of the bigger deer up high at that time of year. i probably didnt say anything you didnt already know. good luck

I hunted this unit for elk back in '03 during the muzzleloader season. It was mid-September, very warm, and we were hunting down low in the oak brush country. We saw a lot of animals, both deer and elk. Most of the bucks I saw were small to medium but I did see one very nice buck. This is my only experience in unit 63 so I am no expert by any means, but we sure ran into a lot of animals in lower elevations during the early season.

I have only hunted the unit once back in 02 we hunted for the elk and deer down in the
scrub oak saw both elk and deer at that time I didnt see any big bucks but my buddy hunts the unit every year and the past two years he has gotten two huge bucks the one he got this past year was scored i believe around 190. he said that he also saw one last year that was bigger than the one he shot so I guess the unit has the potential for some big boys!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom