Unit 67 Speed Goats

juice

My cute little wife finally drew a goat tag for Unit 67. Looking for some general info and starting points. I'd like to find her an above average buck.
Thanks!

Hit the roads and two tracks and glass as much as you can from them along with getting out and covering areas on foot that you can't see from the roads. If you have a few days to spend and she can shoot decent, you should be able to get at least a mid 70s buck.

Sounds like we should have a party out there ! I'll be there with my daughter and her boyfriend as well as a buddy and his son. My daughters first time "out west". This will be my 3rd time hunting the unit and if its anything like the first 2 it'll be a great hunt ! Stop for some hydration if you see a white 4 door ford 4X4 with Wisconsin plates. GOOD LUCK. Chip

LAST EDITED ON Jun-16-14 AT 01:00PM (MST)[p]Maybe I can convince One-dry to bring the Cheetos....hopefully he will leave his chones on! Sounds like it will be a fun hunt!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-16-14 AT 06:42PM (MST)[p]You guys have fun with your little get together. Me and my cheetos will be in the high country chasing deer. Y'all will be in my heart.

I don't want eel offering me a complimentary 3 night stay at the clubhouse.

Cheetos would be great. I don't think you can eat them in the wilderness without a guide anyway so you might as well leave 'em at the bottom of the hill with the Antelope hunters. Us Wisconsin folks like anything with cheese ! THANKS. Chip

We will be there for the opening 3 days.....assuming I don't fall off a cliff in G the week before. Anyone else going? Any last minute advice?

Wifey is super excited!!

It looks like it should be a good hunt. All systems normal. I'll be there at the end of the month.

Good luck and be sure to give us a report!

Eel

Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.

A friend sent me this trail cam photo from 67. Be on the lookout for a pack of Cheetah's. Who knew?:)

4088pronghorncheetahscienceartcom.jpg

Eel

I've heard they are wiping out all game animals. Until we have a season on them and can manage them, the herds will suffer. I use the S.S.S. method in 67.

I hunted 74 about 4 years ago which is east of 67 and saw lots of nice goats, but no booners. You should have lots of fun! I am looking at applying for Mule Deer in 90 which is the same as 67. It is a very hard unit to draw but I have max points (9) and am hoping to get some insight on deer that people are seeing in that unit. How is the herd doing and did you spot any big mulies while goat hunting. I am looking to do DIY all on public land. Any opinions or thoughts would be much appreciated.

Is it worth 9 points???

I hope you all have a safe and successful hunt!!

Just lookin' for a 67 update. I'll be there in 2 weeks with my daughter. her first trip out west. looking forward to a great hunt. I've hunted 67 a couple of times but not for 6 years so I was hoping you guys that have been out there for the opener could give us the report. THANKS. Chip

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom