unit 68 idaho archery goat

W

wrt

Need I little help if anyone is willing, I put a thousand miles on the truck in the unitand can't find water anywhere! We have found some good goats but no water, if anyone could steer me in the right direction I would be seriously indebted to you thanks for any info in advance

If you find goats there is water close by. They have to be drinking somewhere. Are the goats still there or are they gone also? If they left look for the nearest irrigated fields.

I have found them all. Within a mile of feilds what's the best way to hunt the feilds?

Do they cross a fence getting to and from the fields? If they do, I'd set up a blind near the spot in the fence where they are passing through and slam one of them?

For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well-organized and armed militia is their best security.

Thomas Jefferson

that's the bad thing there's hardly any fences around the fields, thank you very much for the suggestion though it is a great idea

My next thought would be a Montana Decoy. Locate them at last light. Before daybreak the next morning have someone drop you off very quickly and drive away. Set up your decoy and position yourself behind it where they can see you. Be patient, at light it may only take a few minutes or all morning but if they are rutting pretty good it won't take long until a heard buck try's to run you (decoy buck) off.

Don't be afraid to work in on him. If there are cattle in the area, you could make a full side decoy out of Painted cardboard in the shape of a cow. It's a little easier to work behind but I have never had a buck get territorial with a cow decoy.

Good luck!

ps, is 68 right off I-15? If it is, the decoy will work well!

pps, I've NEVER had a private land owner refuse to let me hunt Goats on their land. Usually they ask me to kill a dozen or so so don't be afraid to knock on doors.

For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well-organized and armed militia is their best security.

Thomas Jefferson

spot & stalk!

What Yakatak said. I have had antelope follow me to figure out what I was if they can't smell you or see your outline.

Thanks guys! I have two decoys and a goat call dad has called a few in so we will try it. Found a guzzler!!!! So we should do ok I hope! Thanks again for the help

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom