Unit 6A Archery Deer

B

bbgellerman

I am getting ready to go up to unit 6A for some pre-season scouting. I hunted the lower part of the unit last season for whitetail, but I dont imagine the deer would stay down that low once it gets hot. I want to get away from the 4-wheelers, so I am thinking about either about scouting Wet Beaver Creek Wilderness, Clear Creek Wilderness, or Fossil Spring Wilderness. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about these areas?

A good place to go is up around Stoneman Lake. You get into some pretty good country. Is your hunt archery or rifle?

Archery most likely. I did put in for the late whitetail hunt, but there are only 75 tags.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-14-08 AT 06:36PM (MST)[p]Either way it will work out. I say north of stoneman lake road won't be a bad area. Its higher elevation and cooler temperatures. You'll catch bucks coming out of the higher country to get into the lower lands for the winter. Its a transition area. I can get some more details such as GPS coordinates and little more specific description if you want.

That gives me a pretty good starting point. A buddy of mine saw a few bucks in that area last year. Both whitetail and muleys are in that area from what I hear. I will let you know what I find this weekend.

Alright I've got a quick question for you. Do you know unit 24B ?
And did you draw the whitetail tag for 6A?

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom