UNIT 7 AZ MULE DEER

M

MS (Guest)

WHERE SHOULD I SCOUT FOR MULE DEER IN UNIT 7, I HAVE A RIFLE TAG AND HAVE NOT HUNTED THIS UNIT IN YEARS, ANY INFO WOULD HELP

I have hunted it about 4 times over the last 12 or so years. I have had the best luck around Kendrick Mtn. You will have to scout around the Mtn., But typically the best area I have found is by an old abandoned cabin called the Kendrick boys camp. It is located between Kendrick and Crater Mtns. Good Luck. I was lucky enough to draw the late Kaibab west tag. Hope to shoot a 180 plus buck.

I SCOUTED LAST WEEKEND AND NOTICED THAT EVERYTHING SEEMED REALLY DRY, EXCEPT IN THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS, SHOULD I HUNT OVER WATER, I AM JUST TRYING TO NARROW MY LOCATIONS DOWN, THANKS FOR THE INPUT

MIKE

I hunt in 7 for archery on occasion. There are not a high quantity of trophies in unit 7 but if your after meat you should hunt on the west side of the peaks. Finding deer shouldn't be a problem. Finding lots of bucks, or quality buck will be a huge challenge. Good Luck!

If you have any info. about deer on the North East unit in Utah please let me know.

thx
nk

Unit 7 is a lot like Ashurst Lake - put and take. Way too many tags. The Kendrick suggestion is good. The water idea is bad because you won't have it to yourself and the big bucks wont go anywhere near it with all of the busyness. Climb high to a pre-determined burned spot on Kendrick and let everyone push deer to you.
I used to (when I hunted 7) climb different cinder hills that have bowls (craters) and watch them as the sun went down. High on the big mountains and also in these craters are the best places for mature bucks to find solitude. If you bust your butt doing stuff like this you'll find that nobody else does. This is the way to pull a good and enjoyable hunt out of unit 7. Otherwise you'll be breathing dust like everyone else, driving around in frustration.
Bust a hump. Have fun. Good luck!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom