Unit 7 Cow Elk Help

Hi : you say you have a area 7 elk tag but what type so i know when you hunt . I will be in douglas helping my buddy in his taxidermy shop and meat processing plant from about the 16th of september until the end of october. i will be mule deer hunting and possibly cow elk hunting. I know some spots you could check out i might be able to set you on the right track. there is alot of private so be careful that you don't tresspass even by accident the ranchers are kind of touchy where we hunt. There is some good spots over my wagon hound ranch if you can sort out the private from state and federal or blm. take care and have a great hunt see ya carl

I have the type 4 and type 7. Also have a Buck deer tag for region J that I hope to use. What is the name of the meat processing plant in Douglas you'll be working at? Thanks for any help

Hi elkhunter7pt: Ok i had a type 7 last year and it is only good for part of area 7 and i never saw a elk in that area...I will be helping out at douglas meat processing ,go under the underpass of W25 and west towards Esterbrook . its only about a half mile from the underpass . I haven't seen many big muleys but my bud is scouting for me. I had permission last year to hunt west of Glendo on horseshoe creek road about 10 miles the Eugene Russell Ranch, 20,000 acres but didn't see any elk but i had back problems last year and couldn't get in to them . Remember that hunt started september 1 and ends october 14. you can call the game warden Craig Smith 307-322-2067 he might be able to help you out. the russell ranch # is 307-735-4352 hope that helps you , i should be in douglas no later than the 15th of September hope to see you then . just come in and ask for carl bye for now

Hi Elkhunter7pt: It looks like i have a elk hunt here in michigan to guide so i may not be in douglas until the 17th or 18th of september. Sorry for the inconvience but if i get a hunter to guide i am going to do it. Hope to see you some time in douglas bye for now Carl

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom