Unit 71? non resident

Machado

I would love any information I could get on your thoughts about this unit. I am looking to put in 3rd season and would like to know if it would be worth my time to put in for this tag. again just looking for general information about this unit and if you or someone you know has any experience hunting this unit. If you ever need any information about Oak creek deer or filmore pahvant elk or wasatch elk here in utah I would be more than willing to swap information.

Well, 71 elk 3rd season is OTC, so if he's "putting in" for it, I'd guess deer.

Sorry, I've never set foot in 71 during hunting season.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-16 AT 10:43AM (MST)[p]Certainly not what I consider trophy deer area, but some decent bucks come out of there. Much of the west side is private and deer/elk generally go there when the orange hoard descends, although there are some steep/deep drainages that hold some bucks. More public on the east side, but can be hard to find them without some weather.

Has taken 2 points to get a tag (50% odds with 1 point). Remember though that this year many units will jump by at least a point due to later seasons. Better chance of catching deer in rut and getting some snow this year

33% harvest odds last year.

Also, it is one of the more heavily hunted units for elk, so expect to see lots of hunters. Most will just have an elk tag though.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom