Unit 74 bears

elkhuntn247

Hey guys, I was fortunate enough to draw a unit 74 muzzleloader deer tag. Just wondering if anyone knows how the bear population is doing in the unit? Considering adding the bear tag to my license.

Thanks for any help!

I have don't the exact same thing you are thinking of because the year prior I saw tons of bears and the year I bought the bear tag I didn't see a single one. It varies year to year whether of not you will see them. It could be awesome or you may not see a single one.

I have don't the exact same thing you are thinking of because the year prior I saw tons of bears and the year I bought the bear tag I didn't see a single one. It varies year to year whether of not you will see them. It could be awesome or you may not see a single one.
Yeah had the exact same thing happen to me in WY ? bears everywhere the first time I had a deer tag. Drew again for the same area... made sure I had a bear tag this time... NOT ONE BEAR TO BE FOUND.

I elk hunted unit 74 a few years back.

I didn’t see any bears, but I saw enough bear sign that I would want a bear tag in my pocket.

PM me your address and I’ll send you a map for the area.

There will be some bears up high but they do come down in Sept to feed on fruit and acorns in the lower elevations. Lots of fruit trees and plenty of oakbrush.

This was exactly what i encountered last year but hey 100$ is cheaper than a fancy can of bear repellent

Elkhuntn or Brook, could you send me a PM, I am leaving for 74 for the 2nd time in 3 years and I'd love to pick your brain a little bit. Pretty please and thank you :)
Yeah had the exact same thing happen to me in WY ? bears everywhere the first time I had a deer tag. Drew again for the same area... made sure I had a bear tag this time... NOT ONE

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom