Unit 76 Aug 16 pics

R

rocketman

Last few days doing more looking that filming. Monsoons
have let up again, no rain last 6 days. About 1/2 the bulls
are rubbed, mostly younger than older bulls have rubbed.
Only 10% were rubbed 5 days ago. Been carrying only
smaller lens now so pics are not as good. Went into basin
3 two days ago and found about 600 head with 60-80 bulls.
Best one is the 6x7 345 in the pic. Went into basin 4
yesterday and was full, close to 2000 head. Very few bulls
but 2 very good ones. Will put in my fall camp in basin 4
tomorrow. The bulls will start moving in over the next 2
weeks. Freezing every night because of the clear nights.
Will load up Rocket Dog tomorrow with his heaviest load
of the year. Roy

48a72efa6e8e1c49.jpg

48a72f2a70a2a538.jpg

48a72f6472afb93a.jpg

48a72f9a74e05683.jpg

48a72fd575b4038b.jpg

48a7300476685aa1.jpg

Roy,

I have never commented on the pictures before but enjoy them everytime. That is some awesome country you get to enjoy, count your blessings.

Rich

The pics are incredible. They keep me going till the start of season!

Colo_archer

Thanks for sharing some of the best pics on MM. I hope you and Rocket have a great fall and you whack the biggest bull in the basin. And if you need soemone to lend you a GPS device so we can track you down in case you have trouble on the mtn, just let us know. I'm sure there are lots of folks on MM that would like to know your location at all times.

Rocketman
So I have been waiting 17 years trying to draw a ta in area 2. Am I making a mistake here and should be looking at other area for a good archery hunt say like 76.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom