Unit 76 Aug 22

R

rocketman

Last 3 days sunny and dry. Heard 3 bugles
this am from a draw to my right. Heard 1 yesterday.
Bulls are play sparing every day now. Saw 1 dirty
bull today on his legs. The closeup from yesterday
was at noon. I was eating a sandwich and laying in
the sun when Rockets head jerked up. I looked and
a string of bulls was walking about 20 yards from
me. I had the spotting scope on the tripod and had to
very slowly take it off and put the camera on it.
That got the bulls attention and they stared at me.
The smaller one is still in velvet and the larger
one has willow branch in his antler. There were
11 bulls in the string and just 1 in velvet. Saw
a very good group of bulls this am but they
were way up high. To far for me. Found another
wallow today in that pic.

617elk39.jpg

3139elk49.jpg

6501elk52.jpg

3865elk54.jpg

475elk60.jpg

9932elk62.jpg

5194elk77.jpg

6268elk104.jpg

Awesome shots Roy! These pics make it hard to wait another two weeks for my archery hunt...

Colo_archer

Awesome pics, Rocketman. I search this site everyday to see if you have posted more pics. They're greatly appreciated. Keep 'em coming..Until next time

Thanks for the pictures. It looks like Rocketdog enjoys that country as much as you do. Thanks for sharing him too.

Before you die.....Take time to live

Thanks the elk look good.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

nice bulls! I've been in that country before and know what it can produce. Do you ever run into muley bucks up there? If so do you have any pics?

Thanks for the pictures, they are good motivation. I'm heading up there on the 3rd, what have the temperatures been up there?

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom