unit 76 deer ???

B

bucktaxi

I know this is a well known unit for elk, but just wondering about deer numbers and quality? I may draw an archery elk tag next year and may also put in for archery deer. Any help would be appreciated.

BT - I did that last year with the thinking of getting the deer tag as insurance against seeing the buck of a lifetime. If the cost of the tag is not a significant consideration, I'd recommend getting it. I saw bucks pretty much every day and saw one that was nice enough to attempt a stalk on (got busted by an elk - oh, the irony of it all).

Not sure if you are a resident or non resident but you might want to look at the odds either way. It is not an easy draw and only trending higher. I know of zero residents that drew with three points and will be surprised when the draw statics come out if any with four drew. As for non residents it looks like last year maybe 6 would have done it and I bet this year will be closer to 9 or 10. As for your orignal question, there are very nice bucks, not many but they are there. During archery season they are where you would expect, in the high buck brush. Lots of fun stalking if everything goes right.

I know this unit well and live only an hour away. There are a good #of deer and there are some nice bucks. I too am looking to draw an archery deer tag next year and I know where some big ones hang out. Write a comment back if you would like to talk.

Rudyholl, thanks for the input. You can call me at 801-694-1553 or email me at [email protected], or I can call you if you'd like. I'm interested in hearing more.

Thanks to you other guys as well.

Best, Steve

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom