but couldnt reach him. You can see he put it in
rocket gear.

48c924a60d3ec56d.jpg

48c924e50f1e4535.jpg

48c9251910a29460.jpg

48c9254e12a8d1b6.jpg

48c9258313fda3b0.jpg

48c925b51755e81f.jpg

Looks like Rocketdog is living up to his name. I sure wish I was up there instead of here where I am busy putting plywood on windows getting ready for an unwelcomed visitor named "IKE". Sure hope it dosen't mess up my plans for leaving next week for Co.. Glad to here the rut is coming on.

Thanks for ruining my day. I'm having a hard enough time working with out thinking about elk hunting next week. :)

Great pictures as usual.

I have really enjoyed looking at your pictures and the massive numbers of elk but i have to say i am very against allowing your dog to chase and harrass wildlife. Not trying to stir the sh!t just my opinion.

Rocket man thanks for the awesome pics DONT STOP. And rocket Dog "sickem " !!!!

To each his own i guess. I'm guessing southmountain would have a different oppinion on this if he had a tag for the area.

I've always enjoyed these posts by Rocketman but I find these photos of him allowing his dog to harass these elk disgusting. I don't know about Colorado but allowing ones dog to chase wildlife is illegal here in Utah and could result in the dog being shot. Anyone supporting this simply because it's Rocketman is being very hypocritical.
Wes

i agree Wes,but it doesn't look like rocketdog is harrassing the elk just pushing the one off that got too close.I've seen hunting dogs try to chase deer down and thats not what the dog is doing.you can see him looking back to check on his owner.of course if i was hunting the area i would be shaking my head.cool pics though.Thanks for the heads up on the monroe hunt.Spent over an hour reading through the thread last night.hope that dude tags out today after passing on that 330.Where's the fighting Bulls , Rocketman????? Hope to see some soon!!!!

Now that i think about it,even if i was putting a stalk on that raghorn and rocket came out of nowhere chasing him I'd have to laugh.I sure would have a great story to tell.Wes,I think shooting someones dog is a little extreme in that situation.I agree with mtnmayhem.Lighten up.That was more dangerous for the rocketdog than the elk.Fighting Bulls thats what we need to see.Fighten Bulls.

I would not call that harassing wildlife.You can see in the pictures that Rocketdog is only chasing the bull away that got to close.He just ran it off and then turned back.In no way should that be compared to dogs that run deer and elk until their tounges are dragging.We've enjoyed Rocketmans pictures all summer and I would hate to see him stop because of some of these posts.I support you all the way Rocketman.Please keep the pictures coming.

It's funny that you guys think you can tell how bad the dog is chasing elk from six pictures. Maybe the dog caught a calf and killed it and rocketman just decided not to photograph that part. You don't know what happened. In the fourth picture the dog is pretty dang close to that elk. Allowing your dog to chase wildlife is not only wrong but illegal.

Rocketman, thanks for the pictures of the elk. Sh!t happens and dogs will be dogs. I'm sure this situation was not planned out and probably wishes did not happen, but the dog looks like it was called off and like was said before. In these pictures the dog would have been the looser if it would have progreesed.

Great pictures, great oppurtunity with the elk, just a bad moment with the dog reacting to his instinces before the owner could react.

I'm sure Rocketman does not condone what happened, but he is not hidding anything and did post the pictures. Guess what, next time he probably just won't post a questionable picture and just avoid the knee jurk reaction comments.

Rocket dog probably got his butt kicked when he returned to rocketman, but that picture was not included.

Wow, I can't believe. It is not June in the middle of birthing grounds. It is a great family dog that couldn't catch them even if he had wings. For people who are going to be tracking them down to kill, this seems a bit much. They are chased everyday by capable predators and he isn't going to make them any more spooky.

neverstophunting

Get a grip Buddy driving you spook more elk driving your quad all over the mountain than that dog did. Are you a democrat because you are full of what if instead of what is. Be glad you drew a tag and dont worry about the elk where rocketman is. You will never see them from on top of your quad.

Thanks for all of the pics Please Keep it up!!!!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-18-08 AT 10:09AM (MST)[p]madforbigmuleys- I don't own a quad, I'm not a democrat, and i don't have a tag for that area. So who's the ##### using "what if's?" It is not ethical nor is it legal to allow a dog to chase wildlife. Rocketman said himself in another post.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-18-08 AT 10:26AM (MST)[p]If I came across a dog chasing elk, deer or cattle I would without a doubt put a round in him. What Rocket was doing was nothing but fending of another animal that got to close.. He did Not run the elk into the next county or even the next valley. Now as for your head up my a$$ statement, its is up tight Pr!cks like you that cause nothing but drama every where you go. let me guess you can find the flaw in anything and see it every where you go instead of enjoying what you see and KEEPING you F***ING mouth shut!!

Just my two cents :)

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom